Curcumin is a bioactive substance of turmeric.
- Curcumin fights Inflammation at the molecular level and is the main active ingredient Posing as a very strong anti-bacterial, anti-septic, anti-spasmodic, anti-Fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, anti-oxidant, anti-mutagenic, Anti-carcinogenic, astringent, carminative, cholagogue, digestive, Diuretic, stimulant, and vulnerary.
- Anti-oxidants scavenge molecules in the body known As free radicals which damage cell membranes, tamper with DNA, and Even cause cell death. Anti-oxidants fight free radicals and may Reduce or even help prevent some of the damage caused by free radicals turmeric neutralizes free radicals by stimulating the body to Produce its own anti-oxidant enzymes.
- Inflammation is crucial as It helps the body fight foreign invaders and repair damage. Turmeric Blocks Nuclear Factor Kappa Beta (NF-kB), a molecule that travels Into the nuclei of cells and turns on genes related to inflammation
- Depression, a very common brain disease linked to the Reduced levels of BDNF and a shrinking hippocampus, a brain area Responsible for learning and memory, has been defeated by the ever Promising turmeric by proving that turmeric is as effective as an Antidepressant.
- One of the most important properties of turmeric is boosting Immunity.
- It maintains normal cholesterol levels, and Put the brakes on aging.
- Turmeric at low doses can also enhance antibody responses and reported beneficial effects in arthritis, Allergy, asthma, atherosclerosis, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Diabetes, and cancer might be due in part to its ability to modulate the Immune system.
- Turmeric down-regulates certain inflammatory Transcription factors such as NF-kB, enzymes such as cyclooxygenase 2 and 5 lipoxygenase, and cytokines such as tumor necrosis factor (TNF), interleukin-1 (IL-1) and interleukin 6 (IL-6) and hinders the Development of these diseases
- Turmeric prevents the development of type 2 diabetes in people Who have prediabetes.
- Turmeric helps promote weight loss and reduce the incidence Of obesity-related diseases. The inflammation associated with obesity Is due in part to the presence of immune cells called macrophages in Fat tissues throughout the body. These cells produce cytokines That can cause inflammation in organs such as the heart, and islets of The pancreas, while also increasing insulin resistance in muscle and Liver . Scientists believe that turmeric suppresses the number and Activity of these cells and help reduce some of the adverse consequences Of obesity.
- When it comes to heart disease, turmeric is known to improve the Function of the endothelium, which is the lining of the blood vessels. It is well known that endothelial dysfunction is a major driver of Heart disease and involves an inability of the endothelium to regulate Blood pressure, blood clotting and various other factors. Turmeric may protect against cardiac injury, in large part because of its anti-Inflammatory actions. It also protects heart from cardiac ischemia.